TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
(In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.)
* * Applicable for worldwide warranty
1. If you purchased Nikon Digital SLR Camera, Mirrorless Cameras, Digital Compact Cameras, NIKKOR Lenses or Flashes (Speedlights) from Nikon Hong Kong or Macau authorized dealers, please ensure that you complete the product warranty registration at www.nikonwarranty.com.hk within 30 days from the date of purchase of the product. Upon completion of product warranty registration, the warranty set out in these terms and conditions will become effective and apply to your product. The warranty card is issued only at the time of the original purchase. It is non-transferable and will not be re-issued.
2. The original invoice and the warranty card for the product must be presented to the Nikon authorized service facility before any repair can be made under this warranty.
3. All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered under this warranty.
4. During the Warranty Period and provided that the product was used under normal conditions, you will be entitled to the free repair service or parts replacement (normal wear and tear excepted) of the product by Nikon authorized service facilities in the Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau. Nikon will NOT provide the warranty service under any of the following circumstances:
i. Where the original invoice and official warranty card are not presented.
ii. Where the damage or malfunction is unrelated to manufacturing defects.
iii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by any modification made to the product which is inconsistent to the product structure or specification as stated in the package or user manual.
iv. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by accidental damage (including, but not limited to, shock, impact, dropping, water or other liquid damage, sand damage or battery leakage).
v. Where the product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with the user manual.
vi. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by servicing (including, but not limited to, repair, transformation, decomposition, or cleaning) carried out by person(s) other than Nikon authorized service facility.
vii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by the use of parts / accessories not produced by Nikon.
viii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by improper care, misuse or abuse of the product; or incurred during transportation or mail of the product not carried out by Nikon.
ix. Any electronic data loss or deletion due to malfunctioning or repair of the product.
x. Where the warranty card does not mention the serial number, or where the serial number of the product has been altered or removed.
xi. This warranty does not cover accessories of the product or consumables.
xii. Where the production of the product, its accessories or spare parts has been discontinued.
5. This warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the product. Warranty will be terminated for product resell cases.
6. Nikon may at its discretion reset the product’s settings to factory default setting in the course of inspection/repair/parts replacement without any prior notice. Any replaced, damaged/defective parts shall be Nikon’s property and non-returnable. Nikon has the absolute discretion to dispose of such replaced, damaged/defective parts.
7. For repair service taking place in the Mainland China, the repair terms and conditions of Nikon China will apply.
8. Nikon reserves the right to amend or cancel any of the above terms and conditions of Warranty without prior notice.
9. There are no other oral or written warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The duration of implied warranties applicable to the product is limited to the warranty length specified herein.
10. Nikon’s sole obligation and liability hereunder is limited to the repair of a defective product at its option. Nikon shall not, in any event, be liable to the purchaser or any third party for any incidental or consequential damage (including, but not limited to, damages resulting from interruption of service or loss of business), or liability in tort relating to the product or resulting from its use or possession.
11. In case of any dispute, Nikon reserves the right and has the absolute discretion to make the final decision.